Keeping in line with the honey theme this week…these little bee pollen granules absolutely stole my heart! Aren’t they so cute? I love adding a sprinkle of bee pollen to my smoothies, it has a lovely sweet and floral taste with a soft chewy texture. Bee pollen is an incredible superfood with so many wonderful health benefits. Here are just a few:
– Rich in protein, vitamins (including the B-complex vitamins), folic acid, and antioxidants.
– Helps smooth and protect the skin by treating inflammatory conditions and assisting in the regeneration of cells.
– Great for the digestive system due to the high level of enzymes. Enzymes assist your body by utilizing the nutrients found in the food you eat.
– Reduces the presence of histamine to help fight allergies.
– A natural energy booster , immune system booster, and mood booster!
The best part, a little bit goes a long way. You don’t need much to experience the wonderful benefits of bee pollen. “It is important to recognize that a one teaspoon dose of bee pollen takes one bee working eight hours a day for one month to gather. Each bee pollen pellet, contains over two million flower pollen grains and one teaspoonful contains over 2.5 billion grains of flower pollen.” –Food Matters.
Bee Pollen + Berry Smoothie
1 small beet
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup spinach
1 scoop VEGA protein
1 cup coconut water
Blend together until smooth and top with bee pollen!
What do you think? Have you tried bee pollen? What’s your favourite way to use it?